heavy mind. light heart.

when i cross bridges, i often fear that the surface below me will fall straight down and i'll plummet into whatever is below me, which, in chicago, is usually dark, cold water. my heart is heavy with holiday sadness and family problems. today, i told myself to fall into the water. i said aloud, "mia, just let go. fall. into. the. abyss." i will. i'll do it, i'll fall into the great unknown and see what happens. if i try to control too much, i'll stand above what i don't know, forever frozen and not knowing what's below, what can happen next. the opportunity to grow is a woven into every breath. i will take advantage of this chance to evolve and let the shaky bridge that connects past to present to future fall away from under me. woah, what an exciting way to end the best year of my life! and what a great way to begin the next best year.